Image via Pexels
Whether you’ve recently relocated from another city or state or you’ve lived in the Scotts Valley area for many years, it can take some time for a new residence to truly feel like home. After all, moving often means adjusting to a new home and neighborhood — and finding new places to shop, grab a coffee, work out, and see a doctor. But with these 11 tips and resources from Realtor Paul Burrowes of David Lyng Real Estate, settling into your new Scotts Valley home will be a breeze!
Transfer Utilities, Update DMV Documents, and More
Setting up utilities and changing your address are a big part of buying and moving into a new home. Here are some resources to take the stress out of finding utility providers, DMV offices, and local home improvement pros.
- Research local utility providers and contact them to set up utility services in your new home.
- Locate nearby DMV offices so you can update the address on your driver’s license and vehicle registration credentials. In California, you must change the address on your driver’s license or ID card within 10 days of moving to a new home.
- As an alternative to changing your address in person, you can notify the DMV online or by mail.
- Make improvements and upgrades to your new home, if necessary.
Get to Know Scotts Valley
After you’ve completed the most pressing items on your moving checklist, you can finally get to know the Scotts Valley area.
- Search for a new family medicine doctor. Pay attention to things such as patient experiences, accepted insurance coverage, location, education, and specialties.
- Look for restaurants, bars, coffee shops, cafes, bakeries, and creameries.
- Visit Mindbody to find top-rated yoga and pilates studios, fitness centers, dance clubs, and wellness spas.
Build a Life in Scotts Valley
Here are some resources to help you land a job, further your education, or start your own Scotts Valley business.
- Visit the official website of Scotts Valley to learn about the City’s departments, Chamber of Commerce, frequently requested documents, employment opportunities, community events, and recent announcements.
- Explore employment resources for residents of Santa Cruz County.
- Consider the benefits of furthering your education to increase your chances of landing a great job.
- If you’re thinking of starting your own business, the Santa Cruz Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has everything you need to get started.
- About Scotts Valley
- Events and Happenings
Buying a new house is an exciting time for many homeowners, but the process of moving and settling in can be incredibly stressful. These resources, however, will help to reduce the stress of moving into a new home, getting to know an unfamiliar area, and building a life in Scotts Valley. Keep this list at your disposal and you’ll have everything you need to settle into your new Scotts Valley residence!
With his more than 15 years of real estate experience, Realtor Paul Burrowes of David Lyng Real Estate is the agent you need by your side during your next housing search. Contact Paul by email or at 831-295-5130.